Friday, April 16, 2010
Bringing Colby Home
Yesterday was the big day....Colby got his graduate certificate from the NICU and we were able to bring him home. I think we both left the hospital scared out of our minds. We had a slow ride home and stopped half way back to make sure the little man was OK. After his 5pm feeding I tried to take a nap with him and found myself watching him breathe for most of the nap until I convinced myself that we could do this. However, our house did not have much sleep last night, and Colby was a champ (it was Joe and I who struggled).
The nurse laughed at Joe and I as we dressed the little man. We brought three different outfits because we didn't know what would fit him and we brought all sorts of layers because we weren't sure how to dress him. He ended up going home looking like Huck Finn (I only brought one sock), but he looked cute!
He passed his car seat test on his second try....I think this really shows how absolutely tiny he is (nevermind the big feet)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Like the family pic guys. Kim you look fantastic! Hope things are going great with Colby Joe...sounds like you guys had a great weekend.
ReplyDelete