
It has been just over a month since I had to say goodbye to my baby girl, Kiyah. She would have been thirteen years old last Thursday. I still see her everywhere in our house....in her dog bed, rounding the corner from our room, stretching as she comes off the couch, standing at her food dish, or sleeping in our garden. The wind will blow our screen door shut or a cat will lean against it ad I will think that she is knocking at the door to come in. I have just started giving Sirus all of the leftovers and stopped breaking everything in two at the end of a meal. As the snow melted, I found her fur scattering the ground from her last blow out. She is everywhere and sometimes it makes me smile and others makes my heart feel empty. Although she was mischievous, she was a wonderful dog. She was my best friend and I was blessed to have her in my life. It was so hard to pull in the drive way and not have her greet me (running along side the car and jumping on to my lap as soon as I opened the door to get the first pet). She loved her peanut butter, wine, and squeaky balls. She loved to be chased. She loved playing with the cats and was so in love with the kittens she "helped" Izzy raise. She loved her little boys. She stood by Colby's bassinet the first night we brought him home and perked up at every noise he made. She would lie by their playmates or poke her head in the cradle to make sure all was ok with her boys. Even as she got old and sick, she was so gentle with them and never snapped when they fell on her or pulled her tail or ears. She was my running buddy, my hiking partner, my baby girl. She was there for me through all of my surgeries and all of the tears that I cried. I was there for her at the end. I curled up with her, pet her and told her how wonderful she was. I thanked her for loving me and taking care of her boys and I promised to take care of Sirus until they met again.
I always loved how she would curl up in a ball and cover her nose with her tail.
Standing on her picnic table at dad's watching the traffic go by.
She loved her yogurt!
My little Kiyah Bear, Kiyabunga, Bunga Bear, Kyky (as Colby used to call her)
After one of our first runs together at Julie Bean's apartment
Her faithful companion. He has handled it well and is now spoiled rotten. I like to think that she is up in heaven chasing Tiger, Anya, and Izzy (her kitties). She is playing with Ratchet (her boyfriend), Sabrina, Hepburn, and Bogie. Perhaps she is even harassing Casper.
No comments:
Post a Comment